Friday, May 9, 2014

SummerEssentials









I have lived in Florida my entire life, in a beachy town along the gulf coast.  Over the course of my life, all 21 years of it, I have learned a lot about the beach and what you will need while you're there.  
With that said here are my essential items and the reasons they are important...
Goggles and snorkels: there is so much life in the ocean it is important to me to explore it and plus it's a lot of fun and a nice way to cool off.
GoPro: it's water proof and it takes it takes the coolest pictures.
Life proof: it helps keep the sand out of my phone and if your can't afford or don't want a go pro it takes good pictures in the water.
Fish eye lens: I use this with the Lifeproof case for half underwater pictures. 
Sunscreen: this is the most important! I have very fair skin and a history of skin cancer so I always wear 80 spf or higher, I recommend this even if you don't have fair skin because sun damage is irreversible.
Book: reading on the beach is super relaxing and therapeutic.
Vita Coco: in my opinion this is better than water when your outside all day, it's very high in potassium and it helps keep you hydrated. 
Cliff bar: a fulfilling and delicious snack that doesn't take up much room in your beach bag.
Shoes: always sandals, never be the weirdo in tennis shoes or anything but sandals!
Surfboard: because surfboart and it's fun to lay on/in the water. Plus, we don't get good waves here in the gulf.
Last but not least towel: don't be that person in a raggedy beach towel, look stylish and simple. I always use this black and white number it's big, spacious, and soft!

-Nicole T Unger

P.S. no sea creatures were hurt or killed while obtaining these pictures!

01 09 10