Tuesday, March 11, 2014

DowntownNYC












Just got back from my trip to NYC! I feel the need to go there at least once a year or else my heart is sad.   As soon as me and my boyfriend got there we started walking south of our hotel (Hotel Pennsylvania)  and stopped as we wanted to do things.  We walked down through Chelsea, across to Washington Square Park and then I shopped my heart out in Soho.  We made it just in time for our reservation at the newly opened Laduree of W Broadway.  
This little piece of Paris in New York City is divine, it is very small though.  I would highly recommend this as a lunch spot with your girlfriends!  I got the Club Laduree which was fantastic and my boyfriend got the Mini Burger de Boeuf which were hands down the best!  We were do full and did not get desert,  with knowledge that we would be on the upper east side the next day.  
After our lunch we headed towards the Trade Center Memorial Tower and then over to the water to look at the Statue of Liberty in the distance.  It was so quiet out by the water and the trees were breathtaking I couldn't help myself but to look up and snap some shots.  We made our way back up through China town and Wall street before our last stop at Dean and Deluca to be swept away by their flowers and deserts!
So all in all I hurt so bad after this day!  We walked nearly 10 miles and just really did whatever we wanted and wanted to see the city from the streets and not from the inside of a taxicab,  I highly recommend this if your ever in the city, being on top of a tour bus gives you a marvelous vantage point to observe the architecture but walking lets you experience really NYC life and people.

Outfit: 
Pants: Topshop Leighs
Shirt: Cynthia Rowley long sleeve grey tee
Coat: Sheinside.com coat
Boots: black leather combat boots from Target
Scarf: H&M black knit scarf
Purse: Phillip Lim for Target Satchel

-Nicole Unger

01 09 10